Google is on a roll with new AI-based products and services being delivered in 2023. Earlier this week, Nicky Rettke, VP of Product Management, YouTube Ads, announced how AI is reshaping advertising on YouTube. Let’s break down the announcement and see how it can affect how your business advertises on YouTube.
I want to introduce a new platform that just launched to help product managers, scrum masters, designers, software engineers, and project managers quickly create product requirements and documents. PM Scribe helps you improve your product documents, generate different types of user stories, missing components, future iterations, and more with GPT.
Google’s landscape provides a myriad of opportunities for businesses to engage with their target audience, and YouTube stands as one of the most influential platforms. For business owners, marketers, and entrepreneurs, tapping into YouTube's expansive audience through video advertising is a strategic move. Yet, realizing its full potential demands more than just content creation—it requires optimization. This is where the new integration of artificial intelligence (AI) becomes crucial.
Utilizing AI-driven capabilities, like YouTube's "creative guidance," allows businesses to enhance their video content. This feature critically assesses videos and furnishes advertisers with concrete recommendations to elevate their ads in line with industry best practices. Instead of relying on trial and error, businesses can now leverage AI-derived insights to fine-tune various aspects such as brand narrative, audio quality, video length, and formatting. By doing so, enterprises can optimize the efficacy of their YouTube advertisements from inception.
Moreover, AI's prowess extends beyond content refinement. It facilitates advertisers in broadening their outreach amidst YouTube's varied viewing modalities. Through AI's capability to match ads with the most pertinent contexts, it heightens ad engagement across multiple platforms—whether it be Connected TV (CTV), in-feed videos, or YouTube Shorts. A testament to this is eBay's experience, wherein their AI-curated YouTube campaigns witnessed a staggering 114% surge in their Shorts view rate.
The trajectory of AI's role in YouTube advertising is only set to ascend. Generative AI, in the foreseeable future, will play a pivotal role as a creative collaborator for businesses. It can aid in conceptualizing innovative concepts, crafting assets, and generating multiple video iterations, ensuring resonance with diverse audience segments.
In essence, AI serves as the linchpin to unleash the true potential of YouTube's advertising realm. As businesses harness AI-integrated advertising tools on YouTube, they position themselves at the forefront of the competition. The fusion of AI and video advertising on YouTube is poised to redefine how brands engage, expand their horizons, and achieve superior outcomes.
As we can see, Google is investing more in AI every day. They’re playing catch-up to OpenAI, but they seem to be thinking far ahead of AI just being used in search.
What We're Reading 📖
These are some of our favorite newsletters to help your businesses grow:
- Houck's Newsletter - build, grow, and raise capital for your startup.
- Digital Rebels - the newsletter to help readers create digital income.
- The Copilot - join Google, Apple, Microsoft, and other executives to get smarter about AI.
- Calan Breckon - get online business-building tips to grow your business faster.
- Stacked Marketer - carefully curated digital marketing news, tech, and actionable advice, delivered fresh every weekday.
How we can help 🙌
Whenever you're ready, there are a few ways we can help:
- Consulting Services: With over 22 years of progressive technology, digital media, first-party data implementations, and more, we can help you with your digital transformation needs. Get in touch!
- Business Resources: We have a plethora of digital products that can help you with your marketing strategy, email list building, lead generation, and more. Take a look!
- Promote your business to 6,200+ business leaders, executives, entrepreneurs, marketers, media professionals, and more who are subscribers by sponsoring this newsletter.